Fannin Square Monument
Located In The City Of Goliad

In April 1885 a memorial was erected in the city of Goliad (now known as Fannin Plaza Park) rather than on the site, by the Fannin Monument Association, formed by William L. Hunter, a massacre survivor. The park is located one block NE of the town square. It includes a cannon used by Fannin's forces.

Statement on foundation of cannon:
Used By Col. Fannin And His Men On Fannin's Battlefield In Goliad County, In 1836
Base of Fannin Monument
Statement on foundation of cannon:
Found On The Streets Of Goliad After The Battle Of 1836
in memory of
and his commrades
in arms
April A.D. 1885